A New Way of Thinking
Telehealth is the process of providing behavioral health care from a distance through telecommunications.
Services are most often delivered using video conferencing. Telehealth, as it relates to mental health and
substance use treatment, can involve providing a range of services including clinical assessments and evaluations,
diagnosis, psychotherapy, education, and medication management. Payment for services via telehealth can be
subject to your payor source—contact your local office to see if your insurance or payor source covers the services
High Country Behavioral Health provides online video sessions that are delivered in real time, with the counselor
and client meeting through a secure, HIPPAA approved video conferencing platform via the internet. All sessions
are secure and private. Clients receive the same high-quality care through our Telehealth services as they would
during in-person sessions at any of our office locations.
• Most insurance companies, as well as Medicaid, cover Telehealth services if guidelines are met.
• Improves access to mental health and substance use care that might not otherwise be available.
• Brings care to the client’s home or location of choice.
• Reduces delays in care, improving continuity of care and follow-up.
• Can reduce the need for time off work, childcare services, and travel to access appointments far away.
• Provides clients with access to counselors who may not reside in the area where the client lives.
• Reduces the barrier of stigma that may be associated with physically entering a local office to obtain care.